Modding/painting Founders edition GPU paint choice?

Patrick13633

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
For painting my GPU the paint has to be able to resist some heat. I have asked before and many recommend Plastidip but I wonder if a regular spray paint will do/be resistant to temperatures of 90 degrees (worst case scenario)?

Lutfij

Titan
Essentially speaking you can use acrylic paint but it will end up being baked in. It'll also have a slight char to the quality of the paint due to those temps. Might I ask which GPU you're looking at? GTX/RTX...? Why not just use acrylic panels bent to shape on the shroud and backplate to cater to warranty...? Painting the shroud just leaves you vulnerable when you need to undergo RMA.

Patrick13633

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

it's about a gtx 1070 ti and since the price of non-heat resistant paint is like 5 times cheaper than the heat-resistant variants I was wodering if I could save an extra buck however, I was thinking about having a vertical gpu stand and this makes the founders edition look very ugly compared to an otherwise white build. Therefore painting/adding acrylic panels to the backplate wouldn't help. Plastidip seems like the best solution but is more expensive so could you give me some arguments on why not to do it? What's the worst that could happen? (paint I am buying is non-conductive F.Y.I.)