Modding Your Bios Logo.. Check this out

G

I was looking online for some Case Modding sites and i came accross a Bios Modding site

I have NOT tried this at all
but.. it says you can modify your bios logo from the Big Energy Star to something of your own choice
the link is here and.. info etc..
What do u think
hoax? or should work?

Kinda cool thou!

Info
http://www.virtualhideout.net/guides/bios_logo_mods/index.shtml

Some Pics and the main page for this
http://dp.generik.ca/epas.html

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
sweet! i will try it. (of course, i already screwed enough stuff why not screww some more?)

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
it says "Grizely1's Computer", grizely1's is red and computer is blue. i will take a pic.

-----------------

Bill Gates, 1980s

G

Cool man!

I have a AMI bios myself..............

i want to try it but im not sure if AMI will work

SHould......

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can modify your "System Properties" screen as well.

In the Windows\System there is a file named OEMINFO.INI. If you built your system, it will be blank except for a heading of

[General]

Add these lines to the OEMINFO.INI file, right after the [General] heading:

Manufacturer=Any text you want goes here
Model=Any text you want goes here

Save the file. Go to the Properties of "My Computer" and see your customized System Properties screen.

Now, open the OEMINFO.INI file again, and add the following:

[Support Information]
Line1="This is line 1"
Line2=""
Line3="This line has skipped a line"

Add as many lines as you wish.

Open the System Properties window, and you will see a button labeled "Support Information". Click it for to display your text.

Last, you can add your own graphic to the System Properties window. It must be no larger the 180 pixels wide by 114 pixels high. Save this image in the Windows\System folder as OEMLOGO.BMP.

Now when you open your System Properties window, you will see your graphic as well.

Have Fun!

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the link!

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have seen this done with Highpoint bios's on Abit BP6 boards aswell. What would be really cool is some OEM boards that they stick in IBMs and Dells have a screen that will cover the normal post info. If you could enable that on your own board with a custom graphic that would be a nice change to normal old post info. Of course this would only be used after you have your machine all setup.

Speak softly and carry a big stick. Shooting your mouth off only proves you have a small one...

G

That system propertes one i already knew of years ago
=)

alphateam

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks that is bad ass. I'm going to go home and try it.
And if I mess something up I'm blaming it on you.

-Alpha
Sorry I missed church, I've been busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
the only timne you'll mess up is if you suck ass and can't follow instructions :smile: so you should be Ok :wink:

-----------------

Bill Gates, 1980s

G

Yo dubs

What about AMI bios's
??

Should work??

I want i want

Im thinking of putting a Athlon logo or something

Also.. can this be undone
and the energy star restored?

G

What do u mean windows ME and windows 2K

its the bios were talking about
a pic in the bootup screen

wont effect windows in any way

TRENDING THREADS