Mode not supported

Victor443

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Hey guys, I started getting "mode not supported" out of nowhere. I tried uninstalling my graphic drivers and then I started my PC again and as soon as I started to reinstall the graphics driver, my screen went black again with the "MOde not supported" error.

Note: I was using my computer fine earlier today and out of nowhere I started having this problem.

I have a gtx1070 conected via HDMI cable

Solution
It could be a driver problem, happened to me too while I didn't even mess around with anything.
Restart your PC and repeatedly press F8 as it starts so you can get boot options, choose low resolution mode, see if it works then.
If it does, then change your resolution back after starting Windows.
It could be a driver problem, happened to me too while I didn't even mess around with anything.
Restart your PC and repeatedly press F8 as it starts so you can get boot options, choose low resolution mode, see if it works then.
If it does, then change your resolution back after starting Windows.

Solution

Gurba

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

It's probably a handshake issue. I get it also with my Samsung TV. The handshake issue may be due to a faulty HDMI cable. There is some strain on the cable when it hangs from both PC and TV so replacing it is worth the try.

Mar 13, 2019

It's probably a handshake issue. I get it also with my Samsung TV. The handshake issue may be due to a faulty HDMI cable. There is some strain on the cable when it hangs from both PC and TV so replacing it is worth the try.
have tried it on 3 pcs with different HDMI but still same problem