Apr 25, 2021
My we have a modem and router. We have an Xfinity modem and a tp link router, typically have no issues. But for the last two days we haven’t been able to use our internet. Xfinity says there is no issues with our Medea and it must be our router. The customer service line for TP Link is not up due to covid I guess. So I have no idea what to do. Our internet seems to be working until my husband turns on his gaming pc and all devices lose signal with wifi. What should I do?

Ralston18

Titan
Which model TP Link router?

Connections (line diagram):

ISP --- coax ----> Modem ---Ethernet cable --->[WAN Port] TP-Link Router [LAN port] --- Ethernet cable ----> gaming pc and ~~~ wireless ~~~> wireless devices.

(The router may be serving other devices via its' LAN ports and wireless capabilities.)

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

This:

"Our internet seems to be working until my husband turns on his gaming pc and all devices lose signal with wifi."

My thought is that there is a address conflict within your network.

More specifically an IP address conflict where two devices on the network have the same IP address. Each device must have its' own unique IP address.

Another, somewhat related thought is that the gaming pc may have both its' wired and wireless network adapters enabled. Should be just one or the other as desired/required. Not both at the same time.

On your husband's gaming pc run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt and post the results.

When your husband's computer is not on and the internet is working run "ipconfig /all" on another computer that has a successfully working internet connection.

Post those results as well being careful to identify applicable the source computer.