[SOLVED] Modem Micro-Cuts very often

Agustin Lanus

Honorable
Jul 12, 2015
Hello,

For the past 6 months or so I've been having trouble with my internet where I the modem turns off all lights for a second and then slowly turns them back on.
I've had had at least 6 technicians come over and try to fix it without progress, so far they've change the modem twice, replaced old equipment from my building and changed the cables from the modem entirely.
With all at I'm pretty sure it's not my ISP's fault but now I have no idea what the problem could be or what I should try to fix it.

Specs:

Módem Router Sagemcom Fast3890 V3
Motherboard PRIME X399-A
ISP is Fibertel and the connection is Ethernet (Wired)
Windows 10

Let me know if I need to provide any other information,
Thanks.

Solution
Hello,

For the past 6 months or so I've been having trouble with my internet where I the modem turns off all lights for a second and then slowly turns them back on.
I've had had at least 6 technicians come over and try to fix it without progress, so far they've change the modem twice, replaced old equipment from my building and changed the cables from the modem entirely.
With all at I'm pretty sure it's not my ISP's fault but now I have no idea what the problem could be or what I should try to fix it.

Specs:

Motherboard PRIME X399-A
Windows 10

Thanks.
Sounds like a power problem...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

Specs:

Motherboard PRIME X399-A
Windows 10

Thanks.
Sounds like a power problem. Have you plugged a lamp to allow you see if the voltage fluctuates.

Solution

Agustin Lanus

Honorable
Jul 12, 2015
Sounds like a power problem. Have you plugged a lamp to allow you see if the voltage fluctuates.
That's for the answer!

I considered that but I had a lamp connected on the same power strip for years and I don't remember it turning off at any point, I've also replaced that same power strip some time ago.
However I'll test it and pay more attention to it this time around as it is one of the very few things I consider it can be the culprit at this point.

TRENDING THREADS