Question modem/router question

mibo01

Honorable
Apr 26, 2015
I just dumped Comcast cable for a 1 Gbit fiber connection. The cable was set up with a transparent modem and a netgear firewall. Since the netgear firewall cannot keep up with the incoming bandwidth (I am measuring something like 900 Gbit/sec up and down, I am relying for the moment on the modem/router that came with the fiber connection (Centurylink, I believe it contains a Zyxel modem/firewall). My question:

Is this safe enough, or should I go for what I had before (bridge the modem and use my own firewall)? If the latter, does anybody know if the Cisco RV340 would be a good solution?

Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
I just dumped Comcast cable for a 1 Gbit fiber connection. The cable was set up with a transparent modem and a netgear firewall. Since the netgear firewall cannot keep up with the incoming bandwidth (I am measuring something like 900 Gbit/sec up and down, I am relying for the moment on the modem/router that came with the fiber connection (Centurylink, I believe it contains a Zyxel modem/firewall). My question:

Is this safe enough, or should I go for what I had before (bridge the modem and use my own firewall)? If the latter, does anybody know if the Cisco RV340 would be a good solution?

Thanks
"I am measuring something like 900 Gbit/sec up and down"

That would be 900megabit, not gigabit. Just short of 1Gb.

How is that not "keeping up"?