Modem/Router Upgrade Assistance

Hohenheim

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
I recently upgraded my internet speed with Service Electric Cable to 25mbps from 7mbps thinking it would help(of course it is a much needed upgrade).

I have 3 people in the house who are always using the internet for either watching movies, uploading files for a website, or me playing video games.

Our current modem given to us three days ago by ISP is
model: ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

Router is
model: Cisco-Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router

My broadband connections are good. Never get lag on them but all the wifi connections are horrible.... On my Xbox One if I try to play NBA2k15. I always get lag, sometimes just spikes. other times it's consistent throughout the entire game it it's unplayable.

When I do the ookla Speed Test to see my speed, I'm averaging around 2-10 ping and 14.27 Mbps with .95 Upload, Wifi reads 10 mbps which is significantly lower

I was about to purchase this router as an upgrade(ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router) when I realized my modem only supports 345mbps so I need help guys.

Either something to help find out how I can prevent this lag or upgrading my whole setup. I can buy other modems but they have to be compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 for my ISP. I'm pretty positive that this is a bandwidth issue, besides the range of the current wireless.

Any other specific information I will give on request. Thanks

Also wondering why I'm receiving only 14 out of 25, I know that there is always interference, but to receive more than 10 mbps less than purchase description , i should at least be getting around 18 shouldn't I?