My new XP machine has an Intel Internal modem. I can send faxes with
this. When I try to dial a phone number, I get an error message:
"Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem is not voice enabled"

My Robotics modem works fine.

I cannot see the difference between the two modems when I examine
Modems.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:20:13 -0400, Sanford Aranoff wrote:

> My new XP machine has an Intel Internal modem. I can send faxes with
> this. When I try to dial a phone number, I get an error message:
> "Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem is not voice enabled"
>
> My Robotics modem works fine.
>
> I cannot see the difference between the two modems when I examine
> Modems.

It sounds like your US Robotics modem is a voice/fax/modem and the new one
is fax/modem.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User