Moderation in all things, including moderation.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It has come to my painful realization that the forumz lack a, hmm ... democratic? system of governance. It really seems to amount more to a feudal system with no mechanism in place for the downtrodden serfs to express opinions or be a part of decisions, especially in terms of moderation, which are all handled in secret behind the curtain. For that matter, it would seem as though the forumz even lack the basic right to be tried by a jury of peers.

It occurs to me that this scenario can easily lead to an abuse of powers. I do not yet claim that any such abuse has been made, but I have come to question if it is not so.

If this is the choice from on high of how things should be run, so be it. It is not mine to run. While I thought things were being done fairly well, I had my hopes that it would not become a problem.

I have lost such hopes. I must say that I am not impressed, and I am in fact quite concerned about the lack of checks and balances in place here.

I am not, as of yet, taking any strong sides on any particular issues. I would like to remain fair and balanced as much as possible.

But it occurs to me that once I had reason to start questioning things, I found that I had no path in this that I could trust, nor voice that I could raise safely, without fear of recourse.

That is not well.

I would make a suggestion for change, but at present I do not have a fair idea of what to change, or how. All that I can do reasonably at this point is express my discontent with the current state of governance and hope that someone on high actually cares. Preferably, cares enough to converse openly about how this matter can be improved so that we can find a way.

I was never of the opinion that secret discussions performed by persons appointed to power without an election was a proper medium for distributing the power to lock threads, ban users, block IP addresses (which is a horrible practice in itself), and so forth. But now that I have reason to question the altruism of the holders of said power, I raise my voice.

I am concerned.

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
When was this place ever democratic? This is a forum run by TG Publishing and the rules are laid down in the TOS. These rules are enforced by the moderators.

People can always PM me if there's trouble, but if you do I don't want to receive baseless accusations or hearsay without any proof. I need links to messages or quotes that can be verified. I have yet to receive anything like this.

As far as I am concerned there's is no such thing as secret discussions. Moderators and I discuss cases on a regularly basis. A permanent ban is done on my final decision only.

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
He was banned because he wouldn't comply to the requests to change his signature. I tried to explain to him in several PMs that he has to comply to the requests. He didn't, so he was banned.

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can express as much opinions here as you want. You know very well your freedom ends right where the next guy's opinion starts. And it should be clear that it ends where it violates the TOS or the interests of TG Publishing.

What issue are you talking about? I have not received a PM from you since October last year.

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't want to receive baseless accusations or hearsay without any proof. I need links to messages or quotes that can be verified. I have yet to receive anything like this.

While I don't think we have to justify or explain our decisions I'll answer your question:

Phukface is an acronym and it's not a swear word. Bullshitter is vulgar.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I don't want to receive baseless accusations or hearsay without any proof. I need links to messages or quotes that can be verified. I have yet to receive anything like this.

Phukface is an acronym and it's not a swear word. Bullshitter is vulgar.

I dont want to be an idiot but that doesn't make sense...lol.....so if my acronym was "Shaved Heads In Theater" which was my drama club name because it has a funny little acronym....that would be alright?

Obviously not...lol, although it would be hillarious if i could have that name. If i am allowed can you change that for me Fredi?

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, "Shaved Heads In Theater" results in a swear word, a real word. PHUK is not a word. It may sound like a famous swear word in your head, but it isn't one in writing. And that is what matters.

However, if you want the full text "Shaved Heads In Theater" as you username that can be arranged. Just let me know.

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry you can't comprehend the simple logic and the difference. Thank god we have people in place that do.

This is our forum. Just by using and participating in our forums you agree to our rules.