Moderator/Admin Abuse! Thread deleted without warning or notificaiton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage of Souls

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Wow, ok, so... I opened this thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/thread-still-not-approved.3644832/ in regards to this thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/key-from-registry-missing-in-dcom.3588166/ having been hidden for months from the public with a tag above the post saying "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly." and the response I got said that it didn't actually ever have that tag, which was a blatant lie, but unfortunately for me, I didn't screenshot that evidence. NOW the thread is just outright gone and I didn't get any notification or anything AT ALL. In addition, my messages have been deleted, yet my account says I have 5 messages. So I'd REALLY like to know what is going on here that my stuff being deleted and altered without me being notified and I've not done anything wrong on this site, given that this is literally my third post on this entire site.

And before another moderator or admin blatantly lies and says that I'm making this up, I have screenshots of the thread that's still there and the whole message thing. And no, I haven't deleted any messages, so don't even try that.

CeC4uUl.png

ooJfUqn.png

AJhx2Ae.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Or you know maybe before making accusations against the moderation team you clear your cache and history. I just looked at the thread and the back end and see no evidence of it being stuck in the approval queue.

This thread has been sitting there live since April, and other than your attempted bump nobody replied to it. Your post was properly answered by a moderator and the thread closed. Not much else we can do here. If nobody has an answer to your question, then nobody has it.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Wow. I had no idea that y'all were moderating half the internet.

Makes a bit more sense of some of the interactions I have had here, bases on other sites I recognized.

While the site is owned by Future the moderation team here is mostly exclusive to Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide. Some of us do moderate other forums as well (for example I am also on PC Gamer).

Sage of Souls

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Yes, the original thread is back because I e-mailed community@futurenet.com and they restored it for me.

"
Hey Sage of Souls,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you are having issues. Taking a look at your account, I can see the posts you have made including the initial post about DCOM registry and the bump that came after that. The bump, as you were advised, was deleted because we don’t allow post bumping but I can’t find any specific reasoning as how the original post was stuck pending approval or was deleted, other than the fact it was never replied to and possibly removed by our deindexing due to a lack of responses. With that in mind, I’m going to go ahead and restore the post for you and hopefully you will be able to get a response for the issue.

Chris Parsons
Community Support
"

I don't make accusations without reason and I'm completely sure that my reason is valid and legitimate.

Sage of Souls

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Also, Rogue Leader, I see no answer on that thread after it was restored by anyone, including a moderator, so no, a moderator did not answer it and then close it. If that was the case, I'm sure Chris would've informed me as such.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Also, Rogue Leader, I see no answer on that thread after it was restored by anyone, including a moderator, so no, a moderator did not answer it and then close it. If that was the case, I'm sure Chris would've informed me as such.

I was talking about your complaint thread that was closed. It was properly answered by a moderator , who clearly saw your post was NOT stuck in the queue which again lends my theory correct that your cache history needed to be cleared, so it was answered and closed. There was no reason for it to remain open. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/thread-still-not-approved.3644832/

As for your post being restored, I have the same access as that person and saw it being available the whole time. It may have went into the approval queue if you had edited it, but we would have pushed that through back to the forum. I see no evidence of editing or that it was stuck.

Again most likely it was due to your browser cache not being cleared, but lets say for a second it was deindexed due to no responses, there is still no conspiracy against you. It literally would be the forum software dumping a post with no responses for 6 months.

Feel free to believe what you'd like, but the long and short of it is, nobody seems to have an answer to your question, nor is any moderator out to get you. We want you to get good help here.

Reactions: 4745454b

Colif

Win 11 Master
Note: I have seen the system mark posts as needing approval but they don't show in the Approval thread, they go into a sort of limbo where no one can see the post except for the person who started it. I created a few stickies and this happened to them. I only knew they were in that state as I would give the link to people and they would tell me it did not work.

So no malice needs to be involved, its just a bug of the software.

Sage of Souls

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Note: I have seen the system mark posts as needing approval but they don't show in the Approval thread, they go into a sort of limbo where no one can see the post except for the person who started it. I created a few stickies and this happened to them. I only knew they were in that state as I would give the link to people and they would tell me it did not work.

So no malice needs to be involved, its just a bug of the software.

Thank you, Colif. That makes me feel better. It's just hard for me to not being confused and concerned when I see things randomly happening and then get told by the moderation team that they never happened, because that either means I'm losing my mind or people are trying to change things on me and say I'm making crap up. I've already had several other companies, including my bank, try that crap with me this year, so forgive me if I'm quick to snap over things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.