moderator query

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

I have always used a bit of insulating tape across the muzzle of my stalking
rifles to keep out rain and muck.

I've just had a moderator fitted to the 243.

Can anyone tell me if I can still shoot with tape across the moderator, or
is it like a shotgun which would blow up if you did that?

Many thanks

Dave
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:45:47 +0000 (UTC), "Scratcher"
<dali22@breathemail.net> wrote:

>I have always used a bit of insulating tape across the muzzle of my stalking
>rifles to keep out rain and muck.
>
>I've just had a moderator fitted to the 243.
>
>Can anyone tell me if I can still shoot with tape across the moderator, or
>is it like a shotgun which would blow up if you did that?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Dave
>
>
>
>
I would be very surprised, but why not use masking tape?
It is easier to get off and is less tough.

J.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Scratcher wrote:
>> I have always used a bit of insulating tape across the muzzle of my
>> stalking rifles to keep out rain and muck.
>>
>> I've just had a moderator fitted to the 243.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if I can still shoot with tape across the
>> moderator, or is it like a shotgun which would blow up if you did
>> that?
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Dave

A condom, or piece thereof, works well.
--
Don't forget to tell your wife/girlfriend, if you're not already a
"user"!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Using a piece of tape with a moderator is no problem.

The air in front of the bullet compresses and pushes th etape off the
moderator before the bullet reaches it, Thus there is no effect on accuracy.

NB. a simple piece of masking tape is fine, try not to use anything too
sticky


"Scratcher" <dali22@breathemail.net> wrote in message
news:d3teoq$t1d$1@titan.btinternet.com...
>I have always used a bit of insulating tape across the muzzle of my
>stalking
> rifles to keep out rain and muck.
>
> I've just had a moderator fitted to the 243.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I can still shoot with tape across the moderator, or
> is it like a shotgun which would blow up if you did that?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Many thanks to all for the advice.

I'll probably skip the condom suggestion though - It would be far too
embarrasing to ask for a much smaller size than usual.

Cheers

Dave

> "Scratcher" <dali22@breathemail.net> wrote
> >I have always used a bit of insulating tape across the muzzle of my
> >stalking
> > rifles to keep out rain and muck.
> >
> > I've just had a moderator fitted to the 243.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if I can still shoot with tape across the moderator,
or
> > is it like a shotgun which would blow up if you did that?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Dave
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:38:46 +0000 (UTC), "Scratcher"
<dali22@breathemail.net> wrote:

>
>Many thanks to all for the advice.
>
>I'll probably skip the condom suggestion though - It would be far too
>embarrasing to ask for a much smaller size than usual.

I take it you've seen the size printed on the
ring around the base then?

Gyppo

John Craggs - Writer - Adult Tutor - Storyteller
and All-Round Rogue
Need a laugh? Then subscribe to the free Monday Silly Digest:
mail to: gyppo1@ntlworld.com With 'MSD SUB' as subject.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

OK John Craggs I better let you do the punchline to the joke for those that
dont know it.....

Really is there a size marked on a condom??


"Scratcher" <dali22@breathemail.net> wrote in message
news:d3teoq$t1d$1@titan.btinternet.com...
>I have always used a bit of insulating tape across the muzzle of my
>stalking
> rifles to keep out rain and muck.
>
> I've just had a moderator fitted to the 243.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I can still shoot with tape across the moderator, or
> is it like a shotgun which would blow up if you did that?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:06:47 +0100, "SimonSX"
<Simonuk_behappy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>OK John Craggs I better let you do the punchline to the joke for those that
>dont know it.....
>
>Really is there a size marked on a condom??
>
Yes, down on the base. But you won't see it
unless you have to fully unroll the damned things ;-)

(What a damned fine fellow you are, Simon.)

Gyppo

John Craggs - Writer - Adult Tutor - Storyteller
and All-Round Rogue
Need a laugh? Then subscribe to the free Monday Silly Digest:
mail to: gyppo1@ntlworld.com With 'MSD SUB' as subject.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

The message <253q611e5d79o2fdqbuvb38ttehdh8dmsh@4ax.com>
from J Craggs <gyppo1@NOSPAMPLEASEOLDCHAPntlworld.com> contains these words:


> >
> Yes, down on the base. But you won't see it
> unless you have to fully unroll the damned things ;-)

Puts me in mind of the joke about the newlyweds in the honeymoon suite.

Noting the 'Do Not Disturb' sign hanging on the handle of their room,
the hotel manager leaves their breakfast on the floor outside the door.

He returns with their lunchtime meal and breakfast, still untouched, is
right where he left it.

When he returns with their evening meal, still nothing has been touched.
So he bangs on the door: 'Aren't you two going to eat *anything*!' he
shouts.

'We're living on the fruits of love.'

'Well please stop throwing the skins out of the window; they're choking
the chickens!'

--
Kim Sawyer
Sutherland
Scotland
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:18:07 +0100, Kim Sawyer
<ksawyer@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Puts me in mind of the joke about the newlyweds in the honeymoon suite.
>
>Noting the 'Do Not Disturb' sign hanging on the handle of their room,
>the hotel manager leaves their breakfast on the floor outside the door.
>
>He returns with their lunchtime meal and breakfast, still untouched, is
>right where he left it.
>
>When he returns with their evening meal, still nothing has been touched.
>So he bangs on the door: 'Aren't you two going to eat *anything*!' he
>shouts.
>
>'We're living on the fruits of love.'
>
>'Well please stop throwing the skins out of the window; they're choking
>the chickens!'

The old ones may not be the best... But
they're always the old ones. (This was one of the
first 'naughty' jokes I ever heard and understood.)

Gyppo

John Craggs - Writer - Adult Tutor - Storyteller
and All-Round Rogue
Need a laugh? Then subscribe to the free Monday Silly Digest:
mail to: gyppo1@ntlworld.com With 'MSD SUB' as subject.