Moderators Choosing to Defend Bullies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2021
I am new here and was recently attacked for asking a perfectly legitimate question. Instead of sticking up for me and upholding the sites own guidelines the moderators chose to defend the bully who chose to publicly belittle and harass me. I was accused of name calling because I defended myself and referred this spineless bully as "Mr Grumpy Pants." But apparently his post which was clearly intended to be abusive and cause me anxiety was perfectly acceptable?

I'm disgusted at the moderators and the site in general. I thought this was a safe space for asking tech questions but apparently that is only true if you're an established member of the community. If you are new, people are apparently free to shame or harass you with impunity. Shame on you moderators.

Feb 1, 2021
the posts of those that were abusive were deleted, I maybe missing the parts you find attacking.

Best people to deal with this aren't mods so I wave them down :)
I believe the post from the bully was taken down eventually. I was just amazed that the initial reaction was to attack me for defending myself instead of the person who was the source of the issue. There is still a response to his post that is still up but I just want to move on. I just thought it was worth pointing out that the first reaction was to attack me for sticking up for myself after a person I have never seen or talked to before chose to ask if I have been living under a rock and whether or not I am aware that there is a pandemic which is clearly unhelpful and clearly in violation of the sites rules.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have passed message on to admin, its up to you if you take it any further. They may contact you via PM.

Not saying his reaction was right but the circumstances right now mean that regular advice that works 90% of the time doesn't apply. Its hard to get some parts right now so the prices are being squeezed. I would not buy a PC right now unless you absolutely need one. OEM ones only look good because they can get parts, I wouldn't buy one unless I could pick every part and knew it was good.

Reactions: csmith480

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I took a look at it and I will say the moderator whom deleted your reply and warned you (as well as the initial harassment) was not defending the person whom harassed you. The warning you received was normal for a personal attack which anyone would have gotten as we have a rule against that.

My apologies if it seemed personal, we try as hard as possible to apply the rules uniformly across all users, no matter the circumstance of the situation to be impartial. In the future if someone attacks you like that, just hit the report button instead of replying and one of us will quickly take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.