[SOLVED] Modern 14 A10M-1029 Ram upgrade issue

Boyzfx

Prominent
Nov 7, 2021
Hi I purchased Crucial 16gb ddr4 3200 sodimm but when my laptop tries to boot up I get a blank screen

Put in the old ram 8gb ddr4 2666 and it works as normal so it's not the ribbon cable to the display

Crucial recommended that 16gb ram on their site for my laptop

Any ideas why it doesn't like it?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Seems like MSI's support site is down at the time of writing. If these are the specs to your laptop, then the i5 processor will work with DDR4-2933MHz at the most by the catch here is that the module needs to be LP(low Power). If you're using regular DDR4 sticks of ram for the laptop, the highest you can go is DDR4-2666MHz. I think you should first try and make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version. Following that if the rams don't work, you will need to return then and pick up a higher capacity DDR4-2666MHz ram kit.

Lutfij

Titan

Seems like MSI's support site is down at the time of writing. If these are the specs to your laptop, then the i5 processor will work with DDR4-2933MHz at the most by the catch here is that the module needs to be LP(low Power). If you're using regular DDR4 sticks of ram for the laptop, the highest you can go is DDR4-2666MHz. I think you should first try and make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version. Following that if the rams don't work, you will need to return then and pick up a higher capacity DDR4-2666MHz ram kit.

Reactions: Boyzfx
Solution

Boyzfx

Prominent
Nov 7, 2021

Yep still no luck after bios update

I will try the 2666

Thank you very much