[SOLVED] Modern Lan Party w/o Internet

Apr 2, 2020
Howdy!

This may seem like a silly, long winded question to most of you tech savvy folks, but It's been a week of frustration for me and I finally give in to asking for advice.

My wife and I live in a motorhome. We don't have stable internet connections outside of our phone's hotspot. Neither of us have been online gamers and don't really wish to be. Our mobile lifestyle just isn't conducive to it.

That being said, we both grew up gaming. We recently upgraded away from console gaming to pc gaming. Remembering back as a kid, we could plug in ethernet cables and wham, play with a crew of folks. That doesn't seem to be the case these days, as I've frustratingly found out.

I've tried everything, ethernet cables, a special usb cable, manually entering ip addresses, closing antivirus and firewalls, etc. I've googled and googled and googled. I feel I must be missing something small.

We want to be able to play games like ark, age of empires, minecraft, etc. Internet really isn't an option for us, so I'm hoping y'all can point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Without Internet, the only people you're going to be able to connect with is those who also connect to your router, in your home. Aside from that, some games require Internet Access in order to utilize coop play (even if you are from the same home).

-Wolf sends