Question Modern Warefare Spiking CPU 100%

Jun 2, 2020
Hello all,

New to PC Gaming and PC Computing.. Specs Below

Processor: Intel Core i7-9700F (4.7 GHz Turbo) (8-Core) 3.0 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS / MSI / ASRock (Intel Chipset)
Graphics Card: 1x GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB

Out of all the games that I play, I play Modern Warfare the most. I have noticed that everything runs smoothly but I want to start streaming and multi-tasking more while playing. I dont see why I would be having this issue, but computers are computers so there is always something. During the In-game Lobby awaiting start, my CPU is always around 50-70% but as soon as the game starts I am pushing 95-100% Constant the whole way through. I have read many forums and changes all the settings for graphics within the game and "Power Options" on the control panel itself. Looking for further recommendations to see what I can do to fix this.

Thanks!

If you want to stream use your GPU, Nvidia's NVENC is more efficient then using the CPU to do encoding.

As far as your high CPU usage, it seems to be a common issue in MW. First make sure your computer doesn't have any power saving option enabled and I saw some people say you should cap the max framerate.

Reactions: BrettCoffman
Jun 2, 2020
If you want to stream use your GPU, Nvidia's NVENC is more efficient then using the CPU to do encoding.

As far as your high CPU usage, it seems to be a common issue in MW. First make sure your computer doesn't have any power saving option enabled and I saw some people say you should cap the max framerate.

Using High Performance within the Power Options. I do want to stream in the future, but the high CPU during the in-game play scares me. Computer is too new to start breaking on me.