Modern Warfare 2 PC: No Dedicated Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

well I won't be buying it then. guess I'll be sticking with CoD4.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Yeah, its not delayed but with no mod support and no dedicated servers, its basically a glorified console port. Fuck you, IW. Way to spit in the face of the players who helped make the COD franchise popular.

WTF?!?!?! ARE YOU F*** TRYING TO MAKE THIS MORE LIKE 360/PS3 on the PC!???!? I was hoping to have a good time on a private server with me friends.... this is pure cr@p. Guess like no MW2 for me eh? HOPEFULLY, Crysis 2,etc won't do this.

PS: Sorry for the all caps, I was really pissed.

gladiator_mohaa

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Well, Infinity Ward has proven they have lost there way! No dedicated server in Modern Warfare 2 and they think I will pay 10 dollars more for their version of e harmony gaming to play people they think I will match best with? I play to game to kill communist, not join a communist social network! Are they crazy? I won't be buying this game anymore.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Well obviously 360/PS3 is everything that's right with gaming...I mean they don't have real communities...there isn't more than 16 to a server, every game costs $10 more than PC...you pay a measly $10 here and there for EVERY map expansion pack, whats to hate?
/sarcasm
F*** YOU IW.
/serious

breethon

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Add me to the list of non-purchasers too. Ridiculous. It is all in the name of getting more $$. Too bad, I loved COD4. Where is Battlefield 3 at?

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
they fucked up big time on this, a console port for pc gamers? that is bullshit. the game just went from definite buy to wait and see status...

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
gives me another reason to skip this game...that and fricken punkbuster never works right. Looks like TF2 and CS:S will be providing my team based multiplayer fps needs for a long time coming

G

The PC version not being delayed is not good news. It means we get are guinea pigs for this bullshit IW.net

I was really, really looking forward to this game. And honestly, was really looking forward to getting back into the dedicated server FPS scene. I used to play with a clan back in the Medal of Honor days ALL THE TIME. I haven't been involved in online FPS gaming for quite a while. Have enjoyed FPS offline, but it's nothing like the constant fun involved with playing on a team of the same people with regularity.

I'm extremely disappointed in hearing this. Frankly, if it's going to be the once and done single-player game that COD4 was, I'm probably not going to be asking for it for X-Mas after all. No point in asking my wife to spend $50 on a game I'm going to play for 3-4 hours and be done with.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Ok, so this is really, really dumb. This will kill the PC sales. ppl will just pirate it and find some workaround to be able to play online, and in the end Activision/IW will blame piracy and stop releasing future titles on PC because of it, when in reality it was only their own stupidity.

esquire468

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]username1234677[/nom]well I won't be buying it then. guess I'll be sticking with CoD4.[/citation]

Until Activision shuts down their online authentication, killing the game, in order to get you to buy COD MW2. Laugh now, but it will happen. More reason why online authentication should not be allowed.

itswald0x

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
If you have never played on a PC, and your multiplayer experience has only been delivered to you

via matchmaking, then you will never really understand. But try to imagine a host hosting a game

while never turning his console off, and you can always reach that room and play there whenever

you want, night or day, because its always on. Now imagine that host has a Pentagon grade

internet connection and his X360 can handle 64 players in that room. On top of that, the guy whos

the host is actually resurrected Ghandi, so you will all be treated with respect, anyone using

racial slurs, being offensive or just detrimental to gameplay experience via TKing or exploiting

glitches, is going to be removed from that server forever.

Now imagine dozens and dozens of custom maps running on that server, which you will get for free,

because IWs not making them. Then imagine entire communities and forums built around that one

room (server). You recognize people who visit that same room, you befriend them, you have fun

with these familiar folks.

The story goes on, and thats what were missing. All of it is gone.

massonla

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
This is how you kill a game.

Consoles are welcome to keep there p2p games. I don't want any part of it. No longer pre ordering this game, and unless it has a solid detected server functionality I wont be buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.