Modern Warfare 3 Rakes It In: $400 Million in 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

singemagique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
I enjoyed the campaign for MW2, but was left unimpressed by the frantic, arcade style online play. BF3 provides a much more enjoyable multiplayer experience, in my opinion, and was, instead of MW3, what I chose to buy.

G

and yet it has already gotten hacked to death for online play, the vac system is easily overcome, and the dev's or the company don't even care to make a enjoyable online experience..same crap in a different wrapper and the dense population will still buy it thinking it will be different....

commandersozo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
I've played some multiplayer, it was like MW2 except all patched up. It seems you still can't do splitscreen system link, like Halo has been doing for years. I'll never buy a game by Activision, and Bobby Kotick is the gaming anti-Christ. Peace out.

Well , Ihave to say that I got both BF3 and MW3 and I do enjoy playing MW3 more than BF3. I do like the tanks in BF3 but the jets and choppers are hard to fly. By not having the vehicles to drive MW3 concentrates on the weapons and they have a better weapon selection and usage.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Why are people so stupid? 60bucks for the exact same game every 12 months....

I would probably buy Black Ops if they reduced the price to 15-20bucks. I know it's shallow and stupid, but it's still fun in a fast-food kind of way.

Lonecontrol

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I haven't played a COD since MW2 but I still think they deserve all this success. They have made great games, even if its the same formula over and over, obviously people want and will pay for an updated version every year. Kudos to the dev teams.

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]BF3 "shipped" 10,000,000 units it's first day, multiplied by $59.00 = 590 Million... So.. How is that breaking records?[/citation]
Shipping and selling are two different things!!

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
It's the same crap that's been going on since mw1 and mw2 , repackaged into a new $60 game when it really should be no more than a $20 dlc for mw2....
I mean, it plays exactly like mw2 , they recycled lots of weapons, animations, models, buildings, textures, sounds, and even the menus from the previous mw games..
The engine is terribly dated, for a AAA 2011 game this is unusual, it looks like a game from 2007.

The singleplayer is boring, 3 hour cliche linear corridor over-the-top Michael bay style with explosions every few seconds to distract you from the poor visuals, the intense moments are either scripted events or cutscenes, and the story is forgettable near the end...
The multiplayer is exactly like mw2 but with a few extra modes, the maps are like little mazes; there are always walls a few meters between you and no open areas, all you do is run run die-> run run shoot die , the spawn system is still broken you spawn with enemies behind you and such, they still have the overpowered killstreaks and perks that give people an advantage over one another, the tactical nuke from mw2 has been replaced with another game ruining killstreak..

What a waste of money and another cash-in for activision , better save your hard earned money for better games like skyrim and BF3.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I bought COD: MW and loved it. One of the better games I've played.
Then I bought COD: World at War and thought, "Hmm... very similar to the last one, just WW2 themed. Oh well, still fun!"
Then I bought COD: MW2 and thought, "Wow. I just bought the same game 3 times. Not as fun as the original."
Then they started advertising Black Ops and I thought, "There is no way in he*ll I'm buying the same game 4 times." Now COD: MW3 is out and there's no way I'm spending any $$$ on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.