Modern Warfare 3 Will Have Full Steam Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i remember when activision gave pc gamers the middle finger with its server issue for mw2 and EA played the good guys. Now it appears to be the other way around, except activision is still evil...

lespy

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]i remember when activision gave pc gamers the middle finger with its server issue for mw2 and EA played the good guys. Now it appears to be the other way around, except activision is still evil...[/citation]

they may be evil, but they know what gamers want unlike EA and origin.

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Like we need the system requirements... Please Activison you act as though you have changed the engine since COD4.
Nothing but new textures, Check COD4 for system requirements.

COD has been one BIG expansion pack

holey

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Why the hell does this keep making headlines?

The last 2 call of duty games were steamworks, i thought everybody knew that it was a given?

Just because he 'confirmed' it via twitter, doesn't mean it needs to be plastered across every tech news site..

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
[citation][nom]lespy[/nom]they may be evil, but they know what gamers want unlike EA and origin.[/citation]

They know what noobs want.. to run and gun with their other 12yo friends while yelling into their mics(XBOX). All the kids want are new maps/guns/upgrades/character clothing... well why not just make a "new" game and charge $59 bucks for it. You get the hype of a "new" COD game (all xbox kids must have) and potential for "map packs" FU Bobby
Dont Compare EA's Origin with anything Activision. Steam just happens to be there and Activision has NO real interest in PC gaming, so they take that route. Trust me on this is, if hacktivision had any interest in the PC gaming market they would have something much worse that EA's crappy origin.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]lespy[/nom]they may be evil, but they know what gamers want unlike EA and origin.[/citation]
they dont care about gamers and much less about pc gamers. They just happen to be on steam, and are trying to win over BF3s lost pc gamers with the return of dedicated servers.

[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]they dont care about gamers and much less about pc gamers. They just happen to be on steam, and are trying to win over BF3s lost pc gamers with the return of dedicated servers.[/citation]

Still EA could learn from a lot of the other big companies. Most are doing Steamworks or at least also using Steam. EA says it was because of Steams policies that they removed Crysis 2 and wont have BF3 on Steam but I think its BS when there are plenty of big companies using Steamworks and tons of indie companies using Steam exclusivley.

I am suprised that EA doesn't take advantage of Steam to its fullest. Not having to pay for full blown servers and content servers is a big savings that VALVe and Steam handle when you use Steamworks.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Naturally MW3 will do better because more 12-16 year olds have crapboxes and PS3s that mommy and daddy bought them. Us adult PC gamers that spend thousands on our hardware to get the best visuals and sound you can get. Im still up in the air over the Origin malware install and BF3 not being on steam which is a huge mistake![/citation]
those comments are really immature and makes real pc gamers look like whiny babies.

lespy

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
not to be mean to EA, just saying Steam is the best thing to put your game onto the PC market. the modern warfare team is smart for doing this considering all the architecture it already their why not make use of it?

I personally do not play any call of duty games, because why would you when you have BF:BC2. I'am just saying that Activision was smart to put MW3 onto steam and use Steamworks instead of trying to do something like EA is.

also, I agree DLC is very stupid for gamers and should be given to us instead of bought.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

all platform bullshit aside, the true want from a gamer is a GOOD GAME. BF3 will be the better game. MW3 will be just like others said, CoD4 with new maps/textures/weapons, and ever gayer killstreaks/deathstreaks/perks.

EA isn't evil, I don't care what origin does to my computer, its not like they are going to steal our credit card numbers. As a GAMER, I will be choosing BF3 this fall, not MW3. For the record I own CoD:MW and MW2, and I enjoyed those games, but the battlefield series is just so much better, and BF3 will go down as one of the best games ever made, regardless of weather you can play it on steam or not.

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Yes activision will use this to their advantage and try to appear to have more to offer.Because of the epic cost of sales EA just cost themselves with origin.Anyone that has some common sense and cares about their privacy is not going to go along with EA's tactics(Origin).Looks like EA is getting back to it's roots(evil).I was really looking forward to BF3.Thanks for jacking that up EA.Guess I'll have to stick with old pc games that were made before "the jackass age".When games were made when then end user's enjoyment in mind.

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Yes activision will use this to their advantage and try to appear to have more to offer.Because of the epic cost of sales EA just cost themselves with origin.Anyone that has some common sense and cares about their privacy is not going to go along with EA's tactics(Origin).Looks like EA is getting back to it's roots(evil).I was really looking forward to BF3.Thanks for jacking that up EA.Guess I'll have to stick with old pc games that were made before "the jackass age".When games were made when then end user's enjoyment in mind.

G

But if EA doesn't change its policy in regards to Origin's invasive nature...

what about the invasive steam nature...

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
[citation][nom]lespy[/nom]not to be mean to EA, just saying Steam is the best thing to put your game onto the PC market. the modern warfare team is smart for doing this considering all the architecture it already their why not make use of it?I personally do not play any call of duty games, because why would you when you have BF:BC2. I'am just saying that Activision was smart to put MW3 onto steam and use Steamworks instead of trying to do something like EA is.also, I agree DLC is very stupid for gamers and should be given to us instead of bought.[/citation]

But it's true lol

Yagame

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
My only concern is another platform (cloud-like) that EA wants you to "invest" in. My feelings toward steam are mixed. But these a$$holes @ EA are a little late for me and their cloud bs. Much harder to sell your titles when your done (aka if the game blows).

Also, WHY are we paying $60.00 dollars for software when we aren't getting designer box's and casings anymore. I feel like not having to produce physical packaging and DISKS should translate to some sort of savings.

Yagame

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Whats worse is, we used to be able to make our OWN DLC & distribute it as we saw fit. Greedy fukking corporations are thinning our gaming generation out, and new money is being born every day. Remember the "Make Somethig Unreal" thing a few years ago. We saw some really cool stuff back then. Companies picked this talent up, and started milking. [citation][nom]Trueno07[/nom]You can't fool me, Activision.[/citation]

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
And how is this gonna convince me to buy garbage modern games let alone anything with Activitson or EA label on it? Seriously Indie Companies need to rise up and send those scummy useless publishers back to graveyards!

G

The way steam is growing into mediocrity, this is no thrill. They used to be so problem free, now they might as well be Windows Live. well not quite.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Naturally MW3 will do better because more 12-16 year olds have crapboxes and PS3s that mommy and daddy bought them. Us adult PC gamers that spend thousands on our hardware to get the best visuals and sound you can get. Im still up in the air over the Origin malware install and BF3 not being on steam which is a huge mistake![/citation]

morons spend thousands, games are not ment to be tech demos they are ment to be played. so long as the game is play able, the controls are fine, and the engine (not graphics) is solid, than its a good game.

that said, mw3 has a great engine (non graphics) for a more arcady game, and thats not a bad thing. not many want ultra realism in their games, i prefer serious sam to modern warfare, but thats just me.

now on the graphics side, seriously, they have the MOST REFINED ENGINE IN EXISTENCE TO DATE... tell me that you ever thought graphics like what they show would ever run that good on a ATI Radeon X1900/X1950 level or Nvidia GeForce 7800 Architecture level card?

you have to seriously think about that a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.