[SOLVED] Modern Warfare stuttering if down of 100fps!

jorjo

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 2, 2018
Hello,
I have a good pc with i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, Nitro RX580 8GB (with latest drivers) and SSD.
From beta, till now with the final release, i have a big stuttering problem when fps drop down from 100fps in multiplayer.
Game looks laggy and makes me don't want to play it anymore.
I found a solution. I set shadows to LOW and rendering to 66%. But this makes the game looks bad.

Does anyone has the same problem?
I fear that i must upgrade to a new GPU to reach much more fps :/
But is strange that a game with 60+ fps isn't smooth...:/

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
From what I gathered shadows have very little actual degradation on FPS. Tessellation, particle effects and even screen space reflections have some pretty significant effect on performance. What resolution are you playing the game at? Whats the VRAM percentage you see within settings with what settings you have turned on ?

My initial thoughts are you for to bump shadows back up, and turn tessellation down none, and turn back particle effects to low. Push rendering back up to a 100 and ensure you are playing in full screen @ 1080P.

Let me know how that all goes.

jorjo

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 2, 2018
From what I gathered shadows have very little actual degradation on FPS. Tessellation, particle effects and even screen space reflections have some pretty significant effect on performance. What resolution are you playing the game at? Whats the VRAM percentage you see within settings with what settings you have turned on ?

My initial thoughts are you for to bump shadows back up, and turn tessellation down none, and turn back particle effects to low. Push rendering back up to a 100 and ensure you are playing in full screen @ 1080P.

Let me know how that all goes.

Before trying this, i have to say that i might found the reason.
Do you play in windows 10 or in windows 7?
Many windows 7 players complain about the same issue.
We don't have the fullscreen option and maybe this has affect on performance.

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Before trying this, i have to say that i might found the reason.
Do you play in windows 10 or in windows 7?
Many windows 7 players complain about the same issue.
We don't have the fullscreen option and maybe this has affect on performance.

I personally play on Windows 10, and personally I have had 0 gameplay based performance issues at least in Multiplayer. Single player I see some push down into the high 60s but, I am playing this game at max settings on a RTX 2060 Super so my performance won't be the best. I turn down any settings or even go down to 1080P game plays flawlessly.

All my input came to talking with other people, no one brought up their OS setup when specs were being discussed. If Windows 7 is potentially an issue, upgrading to Windows 10 maybe the best option. I believe its still free to upgrade. Even just performing a clean install with a burned windows 10 image from Microsoft then using your current Windows 7 key should work. If you didnt mind, I know some people REALLY do not like Windows 10.

Im just waiting for the ultimate linux based gaming OS to release before I leave Windows completely behind. (That being easy out of the box support for all games)

jorjo

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 2, 2018
I have windows 10 activated on my pc (from free upgrade) but i reinstalled windows 7 because i like them.
So going in windows 10 it's not a problem for me.
I will wait 1 week, to see if activision will release a patch resolving this issue and enable the fullscreen option in game.
Else, i will waste a day for a full format of my pc. Maybe it's time for the big step :p

Also i am a fan of Linux. Sure i am using Windows all because of gaming...

jorjo

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 2, 2018
FIXED!
The problem was windows 7.
I installed windows 10, i have fullscreen option and everything runs smoooooth!

Solution