News Modified Household Microwave Oven Overcomes 2nm Semiconductor Hurdle

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
"microwave heating sources previously tended to produce standing waves, which are bad for heating consistency. In simple terms, previous microwave annealing devices heated their contents unevenly"

If they solved uneven heating of microwave, they should get further funding to fix the damn owens in the process. Burning one side of my food while other is still cold should be solved as a priority :p

Reactions: RodroX

OriginFree

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
"microwave heating sources previously tended to produce standing waves, which are bad for heating consistency. In simple terms, previous microwave annealing devices heated their contents unevenly"

If they solved uneven heating of microwave, they should get further funding to fix the damn owens in the process. Burning one side of my food while other is still cold should be solved as a priority :p

Shoving 100+ billion transistors on a wafer the size of a pizza is one thing, getting a TV dinner to cook evenly is beyond the limits of human science. I mean that's Tardis level tech. :)

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Shoving 100+ billion transistors on a wafer the size of a pizza is one thing, getting a TV dinner to cook evenly is beyond the limits of human science. I mean that's Tardis level tech.
No it isn't Tardis level tech. That's just ridiculous.

You haven't met the right oven.

Try GE's Advantium oven.
The Advantium technology harnesses the power of convection cooking, light, and microwave to cook your food with incredible even-ness while retaining its original moisture. But that’s not all GE speed ovens have to offer.

GE Advantium models offer Speedcooking, convection baking, broiling, toasting, warming, proofing, and traditional microwaving power.

Speedcooking
GE oven Speedcook feature is arguably the greatest advantage of their Advantium oven. It ensures that food cooks flawlessly at every power level, combining the halogen lamp, ceramic heater, and microwave energy for the perfect blend of cooking for the perfect doneness. You can either adjust power levels via the preset menu or adjust them manually.

Last edited: