Modified the BIOS, get no display, power button doesnt work etc.

gamedev12

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
So I was working on making my fans faster, so i got speedfan and i said to go ahead and change the BIOS settings so I can modify the fan speed. Now I'm no slack at PC's and such since the pc i was using was built by me. I went and changed the setting and everything was fine. Then (since i had restarted my pc) I happened to get a windows update. After that my pc restarted again. But after that I get no display, doesn't post, no beep, Power button turns on but not off, reset button doesn't work either. I went ahead and removed the side panel and cleared BIOS, did nothing. I removed CMOS battery, nothing. I also Removed everything but mobo, cpu, and psu and turned it on. No go either. I have no clue what is going on. I have tried holding down the power button while unplugged. All fans spin but nothing gets hot. The pc has worked fine for the 6 months ive had it. Please help!

Try clearing the CMOS again (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for a minute).
If still no go, it's either the board or the CPU.
Hard to say what happened.
You could try replacing the BIOS chip, but not sure if it will solve the issue.

gamedev12

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
Well I tried that and i didnt do anything. But I was unplugging the wires from the front panel to the mobo and I unplugged the one for reset and kept the one for power and that seemed to do it. Thanks for your help anyway! :D