Modifiying My Asus M51BC

gridcore

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015
Hi, I was just wondering if it would be possible for a geforce gtx 970 or 980 to work with my computer.

and if i could change the side panel (not the whole case) to a see-through one as at the moment its just black making it look boring. I just want to look better.

This is the computer i own, and all the information required to see if it is possible.

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220445

Dimensions (H x W x D) - 16.5" x 6.9" x 15.8"

the case size and dimensions are there too for the side-panel part.

Thanks

Chayan4400

Honorable

There is absolutely no way a GTX 980 or even 970 will work in there. For it to be even remotely possible, you would have to swap the PSU to a better quality, higher wattage unit. Still, the case is likely to cause problems as most OEM cases are not very well ventilated, and can cause the GPU to overheat. The GPU may not even fit in the computer, as many OEM machines do not support such big cards. You'd have to swap the case, but another problem there is that many OEM motherboards are proprietary, so they won't work with other cases, and sometimes not even with other PSUs. Your best bet is to sell your PC and custom build a new one, or buy a pre-made one from a custom PC builder such as Origin, Maingear or Digital Storm.

As for the side window, your only option is to cut the side panel up yourself, and add a piece of perspex. They also come as DIY kits, if you search around online.