Modifying Synaptics swipe gesture

Status
Not open for further replies.

freed765

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Hello,
Today I updated my win8.1 to win10 on Lenovo Y580. Everything works perfectly fine, but I make a habit of switching to previous/next pages in chrome by swiping 3 fingers to the left/right. It has been this way since windows 7. Now swiping changes tabs in win10 (like alt+tab) and it's really irritating.

Is there a way to change the registry in Synaptics to previous options or am I doomed to work with backspace? ;/

Solution
Hello,

This seems to be the default/built-in mouse gestures for Windows 10. Here are the list of mouse gestures for Windows 10;

1. Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
2. Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
3. Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
4. Drag windows: Double-tap and drag the menu bar (top of app window)
5. See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
6. Show Task view: If you're viewing all open windows (from the step above), swipe up again with three fingers.
7. Show the...

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

This seems to be the default/built-in mouse gestures for Windows 10. Here are the list of mouse gestures for Windows 10;

1. Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
2. Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
3. Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
4. Drag windows: Double-tap and drag the menu bar (top of app window)
5. See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
6. Show Task view: If you're viewing all open windows (from the step above), swipe up again with three fingers.
7. Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
8. Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.
9. Cortana/Action Center: Tap the touchpad with three fingers.

Modifying your mouse in the registry may cause your mouse to not function properly. You may still try to re-install your mouse driver and set everything back to default, see if it helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.