Question Modular Enermax PSU: Replacement cable compatibility question

janos

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Greetings altogether,

As I'm in the middle of a hardware crisis right now and thus trying to debug as good as possible, I stumbled over one crucial compatibility question while trying to exclude the Power cable connected to my GPU from the dysfunctional hardware pieces.

So my PSU is a "Enermax PSU 750W Revolution DF 80+ Gold 13", but I can't find any replacement cables in case the delivered ones are broken for some reason, so I was wondering if someone around here has an idea about what cable to actually get as a harmless option from a different brand without getting me to a short circuit on the darn thing...
The needed cable would be a PCIe 8 pin to 2x 6+2 Pin one. I've heard the Corsair ones are pretty universal compatible, but I simply can't verify this without ordering, pluggin it in and risking a meltdown.

Sry, if this appears overly careful here, but I am simply no expert for things like this and not long ago I still thought they all were universal compatible... luckily I never had to replace a PCIe cable before like this, bc the former ones all were all-in-one solutions without any modular plugs.

Anyways. As you can hear, I'm a bit exhausted by now, bc I am busy with the whole debug since two weeks now and every time, issues like that that shouldn't be an issue at all normally pop up and I am delayed for another session of hours with trying to find alts or workarounds.

Please someone help me with this one in hope this finally may solve my very weird, overall system issue.

Best wishes and thanks in advance,
Janos

Lutfij

Titan
so I was wondering if someone around here has an idea about what cable to actually get as a harmless option from a different brand without getting me to a short circuit on the darn thing
The simple answer to that is that not all PSU's have the same pinout. As such you should contact Enermax and see if they can send out a cable kit for a fee even. if that's not an option, you can probably contact a custom cable sleeving company and have them fabricate a custom set of cables that are meant specifically for your PSU with the right pinout. If you want to source the cable through another avenue, you can look up Ebay listings for the exact same PSU, you should be able to pick up cables for cheap.

I've heard the Corsair ones are pretty universal compatible, but I simply can't verify this without ordering, pluggin it in and risking a meltdown.
You might want to pass on where you've read or heard of this.

Further reading.