[SOLVED] Modular PSU cables

Davit_3

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
Hello. I have Coolmax ZU-1000B psu. Ordered new Powercolor RX 5700 XT. Found out that I lost second 6+2 cable and now have only one which is connected to my current RX 480. My friend has Roswill quarko 1200w and told.me that he will give me one out of four cables he has got. I know that mixing psu cables can kill psu itself or device it connects so I seached for manuals for both psus. Found manual for mine but couldn't find Roswill's. I mean i found both psu's manuals but my psu's shows 6+2 cable specifications and circuitry but Roswill's doesn't. Can you help me? I don't want to get a new psu just for a cable.
This is what my PSU's manual say

Solution
Hello. I have Coolmax ZU-1000B psu. Ordered new Powercolor RX 5700 XT. Found out that I lost second 6+2 cable and now have only one which is connected to my current RX 480. My friend has Roswill quarko 1200w and told.me that he will give me one out of four cables he has got. I know that mixing psu cables can kill psu itself or device it connects so I seached for manuals for both psus. Found manual for mine but couldn't find Roswill's. I mean i found both psu's manuals but my psu's shows 6+2 cable specifications and circuitry but Roswill's doesn't. Can you help me? I don't want to get a new psu just for a cable.
Just compare that to the pinout of his cable to insure that they are the same...

RealBeast

Titan
Just compare that to the pinout of his cable to insure that they are the same position as your PSU. I use a multimeter, but if you don't have (and don't want to buy one) one you can use a small battery, some alligator clips and an appropriate low voltage light to check that each wire of the new cable is in the same location as your PSU. And do it carefully.

Solution