[SOLVED] Modular PSU choice for i7-8700 and RTX 2060

Feb 15, 2019
Was thinking about getting a Corsair CXM 550 to pair with an i7-8700 and a RTX 2060 in a micro ATX case with a Micro ATX board. Good choice?

Feb 15, 2019
That one is far lesser quality than the CXM.
Seasonic M12ii 620 review

It is seen the PSU struggles delivering stable voltages under crossload scenarios, which are common in modern computers.
Voltage almost deviates half a volt (485mV) from 10% to CL12V.
We also find the use of a cheap 8-pin Protection IC, which is lacking important protections. Such as no OCP on any rail, no UVP on the 12v rail, and no OTP.

Corsair CXM 650 review
It is quite obvious how much better the CXM perorms, particularly in crossload situations. It also passed rigorous protection testing.

Your system consumes less than 250w under a gaming load. A good 450w PSU would be plenty.
The CXM is a great budget power supply, and fan okay complements for your system.
You may be able to find a Bitfenix Whisper or Corsair RMX, or the abovementioned EVGA G2 for not too much more. They should provide an even longer lifespan and less likely to produce coil whine with higher tier GPUs.

Will all these power supplies fit within a Micro ATX case. They all say ATX

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
yeah, the thing that won't fit in a mATX case properly is a full size ATX motheboard.
When you go ITX, that's when you need to get SFF power supplies.

Also, I would personally take the Seasonic EVO over and EVGA G2. Costs less and build quality/reliability is pretty much the same, and you get more wattage for your money.