Question Modular PSU question

Iamcid

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hello guys . I`ve lost my cables from my modular PSU and i need to know in case i find them how to be sure i wont burn my computer if i connect them. Is there a way to be sure that my cables are the right ones from my initial PSU ? Please help me

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Hello guys . I`ve lost my cables from my modular PSU and i need to know in case i find them how to be sure i wont burn my computer if i connect them. Is there a way to be sure that my cables are the right ones from my initial PSU ? Please help me
You absolutely need the original cables and only the original cables (or their direct replacement from the same manufacturer).

Iamcid

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have a map with 3.3 v, GND, 5 V , V1 (12 v +) on the psu . And the cables have colors. Orange, Black, Red and yellow. It seems that the colors match with the map drawed on the psu. I know that yellow cable is +12v etc black is GND etc. Cable colors are standardized am i right ? there is no way on earth to fail if i put this cable on i think . Awaiting encrouagement from you guys to turn on my pc :D

winks42

Commendable
Sep 22, 2018
What is the brand of the PSU? There is no universal modular cable so all brands are different. If you cant find them you can look up the Brand and model or maybe get in contact with the company.

Iamcid

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have turned the pc on with that cable. So far i understand if the cable matches to insert it into the PSU it will be up to the psu to give current through those cables and what i know for sure is that psu side of cable is not universal i know that the other end , the ssd one or hdd one IS universal I refer to the SATA ones here. So i have turned the pc and it works fine no burn no my hdd or psu :D .

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS