Question Modular PSU question

Iamcid

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Hello guys . I`ve lost my cables from my modular PSU and i need to know in case i find them how to be sure i wont burn my computer if i connect them. Is there a way to be sure that my cables are the right ones from my initial PSU ? Please help me

USAFRet

Titan
Hello guys . I`ve lost my cables from my modular PSU and i need to know in case i find them how to be sure i wont burn my computer if i connect them. Is there a way to be sure that my cables are the right ones from my initial PSU ? Please help me
You absolutely need the original cables and only the original cables (or their direct replacement from the same manufacturer).

Iamcid

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
I have a map with 3.3 v, GND, 5 V , V1 (12 v +) on the psu . And the cables have colors. Orange, Black, Red and yellow. It seems that the colors match with the map drawed on the psu. I know that yellow cable is +12v etc black is GND etc. Cable colors are standardized am i right ? there is no way on earth to fail if i put this cable on i think . Awaiting encrouagement from you guys to turn on my pc :D

Iamcid

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
I have turned the pc on with that cable. So far i understand if the cable matches to insert it into the PSU it will be up to the psu to give current through those cables and what i know for sure is that psu side of cable is not universal i know that the other end , the ssd one or hdd one IS universal I refer to the SATA ones here. So i have turned the pc and it works fine no burn no my hdd or psu :D .