Moisture detected in charging port.

potphoenix

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi, I've been using this website for my questions regarding electronics in general and not yet that this awesome community have failed to provide solutions. So I hope this particular problem can be solved also.

So, whenever I take a shower I usually bring my phone with me, leaving it on the sink counter. I always make sure the surface is clear from any liquid and proceed to take a shower. I assume the steam from the warm water built up in my charging port and some how messed it up.

I say this because when I charge my phone(Galaxy S8), it charges really slow. Also, when I turn my phone off and then charge it, it sometimes shows a droplett icon. This occurred recently and I avoided bringing it with me to the to the restroom after the first occurrence of the slow charging.

I was hoping someone can provide me some solutions to this. I want to avoid going to see a technician to get my phone fixed as it would be my last resort.

Also, I was thinking since the charging port may be damage in some way, I can buy a wireless charging station and charge the phone that way. I assume the phone would charge fine that way?

It's strange how the Galaxy S8 is labeled as IP68 certified, being able with withstand a submersion under 1.5 meters of water for 30 mins and in my case, my phone was introduced to only steam. Am I missing something?

I apologize in advance for this long post. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this moisture detection problem so my phone can charge normally. Thanks!!