Question Mold mites on my electronics.

Dantido

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
29
2
1,545
1
So yeah, I've had a rough month.
During a long time I've been dealing with a problem about mold mites crawling around my stuff. At first, I paid them no mind, but after seeing them appear frequently I investigated and started looking for mold patches everywhere.
Turns out those mold patches were behind my radiator! That darn fungus...
I managed to remove it a few days ago and I've yet to see a mold mite, so I assume they've died naturally. However, I want to know if this situation might've left any aftermaths.
The mold patches were far from my desk and electronics. However, as I said, many mold mites managed to reach my desk and crawl around my PC (though I never saw them inside my PC) , power cord and even my monitor. Never in big numbers, though, as I only saw one or two at a time.
Do you think these could've damaged anything?

TL;DR : I had a mold problem that attracted mold mites, and those mold mites got onto my desk and crawled around my monitor, PC, power cord and stuff.
 

Ralston18

Titan
Moderator
I would not expect any direct damage within the electronics from the mold mites. In fact, very good chance that the heat may have been cooking them as they happen to migrate into the electronics maybe due to the initial warmth.

If there is any component in electronic devices that is food for mold mites then we are all in big trouble... :homer:

More likely would be damage from heat build up if dust and debris builds up inside electronic devices thus interrupting airflows and cooling.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
 

Dantido

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
29
2
1,545
1
I would not expect any direct damage within the electronics from the mold mites. In fact, very good chance that the heat may have been cooking them as they happen to migrate into the electronics maybe due to the initial warmth.

If there is any component in electronic devices that is food for mold mites then we are all in big trouble... :homer:

More likely would be damage from heat build up if dust and debris builds up inside electronic devices thus interrupting airflows and cooling.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Thanks for your feedback.
I was worried considering the mites probably had some kind of water inside them that could mess something up. However, you are right. They're probably way too small to cause any damage.
I do however know that they can get inside screens. An old phone of mine has two of them squashed, permanently staining the inside of the LCD screen. This was from a long time ago, though, and I fortunately barely use that phone.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS