[SOLVED] Molex fan hub?

Jul 29, 2019
I have 3 4-pin led fans connected to a fan hub that came with my case, but the fan hub has a male Molex conector and I don't find where to connect it to the motherboard (msi b450 gaming plus) so I can control the speed because it's now connect directly to the PSU, should I buy a female Molex to 4 pin and connected to a fan header? It won't damage the fan header to have the hub with 3 fans connected to it?

Solution
That is not advisable, you would be running three fans off a single header. Depending on the current draw of the fans, that might be too much.

Are you certain the fan hub doesn't have a connector intended for the motherboard? Typically they act as massive splitters so you can control the fans as a group.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is not advisable, you would be running three fans off a single header. Depending on the current draw of the fans, that might be too much.

Are you certain the fan hub doesn't have a connector intended for the motherboard? Typically they act as massive splitters so you can control the fans as a group.

Solution