[SOLVED] Molex to 3pin adapters - efficient way to connect

Mpkstroff

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
Hi group!
Sorry for the newbie question, but i just got a new case for my computer (Corsair cardbide) and it comes with 4 rgb fans , each with a 3pin connector (Until now i always used Molex connectors for my old case, and connected them straight to the PSU).
Now my question is what is the most efficient way to connect them . I was planing on buying one of the following adapters, one molex to 4 3pin, that way i connect the molex to the PSU and the 3pin connectors one for each fan.
On my motherboard i have one socket for SYSFAN (4 pins) that i can also connect it to with another adapter.
Any recommendation on whats the best way to proceed?
Thank you for your assistance !
Best regards.

Solution
For good info, tell us exactly what model of case you have, so we can check which fans it comes with. Better yet, since you have the case already, tell us the model number of the fans. The tell us the maker and model of your mobo so we can check what capabilities its fan headers have.
Hi group!
Sorry for the newbie question, but i just got a new case for my computer (Corsair cardbide) and it comes with 4 rgb fans , each with a 3pin connector (Until now i always used Molex connectors for my old case, and connected them straight to the PSU).
Now my question is what is the most efficient way to connect them . I was planing on buying one of the following adapters, one molex to 4 3pin, that way i connect the molex to the PSU and the 3pin connectors one for each fan.
On my motherboard i have one socket for SYSFAN (4 pins) that i can also connect it to with another adapter.
Any recommendation on whats the best way to proceed?
Thank you for your assistance !
Best regards.
If you connect a fan directly to PSU Molex connector, only two wires are used, no matter if it's 3 or 4pin fan. That makes them run full speed all the time and with no RPM sensing. For being able to see RPM and regulate them, you have to use fan header on the MB or to get separate controller.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
For good info, tell us exactly what model of case you have, so we can check which fans it comes with. Better yet, since you have the case already, tell us the model number of the fans. The tell us the maker and model of your mobo so we can check what capabilities its fan headers have.

Solution