[SOLVED] Mom's Hard Drive Going Bad in Her PC

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
PC Purchased June 10th 2012, AMD A6-3620, Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64 , Crystal Diskinfo shows Caution, Reallocated bad sectors, system is all backed up. Should i purchase a brand new hard drive for that system, or use my Spare Toshiba 1tb drive that i currently have safe in anti static bag, stored in a box for future use if needed.

Or Should i try to afford Mom a newer Complete Windows 10 System?

Solution
PC Purchased June 10th 2012, AMD A6-3620, Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64 , Crystal Diskinfo shows Caution, Reallocated bad sectors, system is all backed up. Should i purchase a brand new hard drive for that system, or use my Spare Toshiba 1tb drive that i currently have safe in anti static bag, stored in a box for future use if needed.

If you have an applicable drive sitting around, by all means...put that one in.

Sometime in the near future, look to buying a whole new system.
I certainly wouldn't spend any money on a computer that old. Especially one which was a low performance budget model when new. If you want to use your old hard drive. Sure, why not, it's not doing any good sitting in the bag.

If she is on a budget consider used. Looking at sold computers. You can find a used 4th to 6th generation Core i5 laptop with a 250GB SSD, Windows 10 and 16GB RAM for under $200 on eBay. Same goes with a Desktop. It might take a bit of searching but try to find a laptop with a 1920x1080 display. At least in the US that is.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Ok will dig out old hard drive, and also see what she wants to do before i proceed with the switch around. and yes i agree keeping money spending to the minimum for that system is best idea as well if do keep it, at this point will see. All she uses it for is basic email, light gaming maybe, youtube watching.

Just felt awfully slow to me why i decided to check with Crystal Diskinfo, then again i normally use my Intel I7 Desktop, or my I7 Gaming Laptop, not on hers all that much lol

USAFRet

Titan

If you have an applicable drive sitting around, by all means...put that one in.

Sometime in the near future, look to buying a whole new system.

Solution