Moniter showing pluged in but no signal

DasWolfei

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
I am back!!!

So after putting in the mobo/cpu/gpu, ram and fans and every thing else. I booted her up.

Now the moniter shows connected but then goes into a dormant state and says no signal.

It is detecting im pluging in a vga/dvi/hdmi but then goes to a no signal screen?

I pulled out the graphics card i put in, unpluged the cd drive, and took out 1 ram stick out of 2....Still detecting them, but showing nothing?

Asus Prime B350 mobo
thermal master case
amd ryzen 5 cpu
FlareX ddr4 2400 ram
corsair tx 650w power supply

Solution
You might have a faulty Video Card or HDMI cable. Try buying a new HDMI cable or try a old video card that you know works. You could even buy a crappy $30 USD Video Card for testing. Also Ryzen has had problems in the past with high frequency RAM you might have to update your boards UEFI/BIOS to fix this. What Video Card do you have. Even though this is unlikely with a 650w PSU but you could not have enough power to run it. Also check that all you cables are plugged in correctly. I hope I helped.

Nicholasashton6425

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
You might have a faulty Video Card or HDMI cable. Try buying a new HDMI cable or try a old video card that you know works. You could even buy a crappy $30 USD Video Card for testing. Also Ryzen has had problems in the past with high frequency RAM you might have to update your boards UEFI/BIOS to fix this. What Video Card do you have. Even though this is unlikely with a 650w PSU but you could not have enough power to run it. Also check that all you cables are plugged in correctly. I hope I helped.

Solution