Moniter won't turn on when plugged into graphics card

Jan 30, 2019
I plugged my moniter cable into my new graphics card and now my moniter wont turn on. I tried disabling the integrated gpu through the windows device manager, but the moniter still wont work. My moniter is vga and I had to use an adapter to change it to dvi-d. I tried looking into to BIOS to to try to disable or change the order of priority of the gpus, but I don't have a chipset option in BIOS. Idk what to do.

Jan 30, 2019

That's the adapter I have.

Plug it into a monitor without the adapter, although you may need to borrow one. And if your monitor does not have anything aside from VGA port, it may be a good excuse to get a newer one. Craigslist is a good place to check for used stuff, and monitors tend to not run into issues like a video card you may buy from it. I just bought a $450 4k Dell monitor for under $250, new model in box as a Dell warranty return to someone. You can find a newer model 24" for under $100 easily.

Jan 30, 2019
I'm Dumb, I found out that it wasn't in the pcie slot all the way. So future advice for people: make sure you put it all the way in. Dont worry about breaking it, it needs a heavy push