[SOLVED] Monitor 144hz FPS stutter

zediogo14

Reputable
Sep 22, 2015
Hello guys, so i bought a new 144 hz monitor (benq xl2411p) connected with display port, and i decided to use my old monitor ( Acer G246HL 60hz) as a second screen connected with hdmi. When Im playing my games, mainly Cs Go, Rianbow 6 siege and rocket league I choose the 144hz monitor but even when im playing with around 200 fps (shown my the geforce overlay) the fps seem to stutter and the game doenst feel like it is running smooth. I also seem unable to install the new ge force game drivers for an unknown error. I wonder if you guys have any solution for this problem. Thanks in advance.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core 3.60 ghz
Ram: 16 gb
Windows 10 64 bits
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Solution
Hello guys, so i bought a new 144 hz monitor (benq xl2411p) connected with display port, and i decided to use my old monitor ( Acer G246HL 60hz) as a second screen connected with hdmi. When Im playing my games, mainly Cs Go, Rianbow 6 siege and rocket league I choose the 144hz monitor but even when im playing with around 200 fps (shown my the geforce overlay) the fps seem to stutter and the game doenst feel like it is running smooth. I also seem unable to install the new ge force game drivers for an unknown error. I wonder if you guys have any solution for this problem. Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 64 bits
Some dual+ monitor configurations will force...

Windows 10 64 bits
Some dual+ monitor configurations will force 60hz and some will allow differing refresh rates. Having the second monitor connected and active may be forcing both to 60hz if spanned. In clone mode both monitors will run at 60hz. You also have to actually set the 144Hz monitor to 144hz in the Windows display settings or Nvidia control panel resolution settings.

Solution