[SOLVED] Monitor 144Hz on Ps4

Oct 11, 2018
Hello everyone, I would like to buy a gaming monitor, to connect my ps4, good to play mainly online FPS as Call of Duty etc ... I would like to make a purchase for a future gaming PC. That's why I'm thinking of buying FullHD with 144Hz update frequency, 1ms response time. Precisely I had thought about the monitor of the Hp Omen of 24.5 inches on offer on Amazon:
link
I know that for now it is wasted, since the ps4 reaches max 60Hz, but, as I said, I would also take it for the future.
But I have a doubt .... I read around that any device that goes up to 60Hz connected to a monitor of 144Hz causes a minimum delay, unless it reduces in the frequency setting of the monitor. Now I know how to do it by PC, but by ps4 how should I do? how do you do it through a monitor? Thank you so much and excuse the ignorance!
If you have other 144Hz and 1ms always better monitors to recommend the best of the Omen, they are welcome. Thank you

Solution
The monitor will run at the frequency sent to it, which on the PS4 will be 60hz.

I have never heard of this delay you are describing. You will experience more latency at 60hz vs 144hz, but that is simply a matter of how fast the screen is refreshing, which could be what people are referring to?

That looks like a pretty good deal in Italy.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The monitor will run at the frequency sent to it, which on the PS4 will be 60hz.

I have never heard of this delay you are describing. You will experience more latency at 60hz vs 144hz, but that is simply a matter of how fast the screen is refreshing, which could be what people are referring to?

That looks like a pretty good deal in Italy.

Solution