Monitor Acting Really Weird

sulcas

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
Hi All,

I will describe my issue it is either a GPU (XFX Radeon HD7770, 1GB, Ghz Edition) issue or a Monitor (BenQ, VGA, 1600:900p) issue but more likely something to do with the monitor. Anyway, this is what happens:

-On start-up my screen shows a blue tab which disappears in time "Recommended Resolution 1600x900"
-I played with absolutely every display option that I could find and nothing helps.
-If I play a game that is more graphically intensive it gives me an error: "Monitor Cable Not Connected", the screen goes all dark, no way to bring it back unless I restart the PC (the sound is still there)

The games that crash, if that helps, would be Dying Light, Guild Wars 2, Robocraft, Elite: Dangerous. Everything else that I have tried works fine. The reason why I think it might be a GPU issue is because the GPU fan goes quite loud for a moment as if it would be restarting or something and the screen goes dark but the majority of similar issues that I found on the internet said that it will be a monitor issue.

Any sort of input would be highly appreciated!

Let me know if you need further details.

Ailandas

NOTE: Decreasing the resolution seams to help to an extent.