[SOLVED] Monitor addition decision help

Jul 28, 2021
Hello, I was just wondering what is good for a monitor. I was recently scrolling through YouTube and came across a LTT video about the LG Ultragear 27gl850-B 27"(2560x1440p 144Hz) (The video was actually about the newer version however they did talk about the 850's features) I currently have a bit of a smaller monitor, an ASUS VG24VQ 24"(1920x1080P 144Hz). The reason why I am looking for another monitor is because I would like to have a dual monitor set up. Now there are a couple of problems that arise with getting the LG monitor I mentioned earlier. It is a bit bigger, would my set up look goofy with a bit of a bigger monitor next to a smaller one? I further checked, they are both VESA compatible (100x100mm). What I am looking to get out of this discussion is will the monitor size difference look goofy when horizontal side by side and is there any reputable dual monitor arm stands (preferably one that is a screw clamp that goes around the desk so no drilling needed). Or is the LG monitor not a good choice? (The reason why I brought this one up is because of the LTT video and it is currently on Newegg's promotional sale.)

If anyone has anything to add to this discussion that would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
It will look weird. As for the monitor, it depends on what you are looking for. The recent LG IPS monitors are at the pinnacle of LCD technology with a limitation on contrast ratio and brightness. The brightness zones looks a bit weird at first. The port options are sometimes also behind current standards. Recent IPS monitors from other manufacturers may be competitive since they would be the same panel, but they will have a different set of options.
Linus tends to be a bit of an LG and AMD fanboy. Granted I am also and LG and AMD fanboy.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
It will look weird. As for the monitor, it depends on what you are looking for. The recent LG IPS monitors are at the pinnacle of LCD technology with a limitation on contrast ratio and brightness. The brightness zones looks a bit weird at first. The port options are sometimes also behind current standards. Recent IPS monitors from other manufacturers may be competitive since they would be the same panel, but they will have a different set of options.
Linus tends to be a bit of an LG and AMD fanboy. Granted I am also and LG and AMD fanboy.

Solution
Jul 28, 2021
Thank you for your time and input, it was really awesome to get another opinion on this matter. I am currently looking at other options and weighing them to see what fits for me right now.