[SOLVED] Monitor advice for new NZXT Streaming build?

rodeojones

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Hi, I just ordered the streaming pc pre build from NZXT. I am seeking recommendations on a monitor for it under $500. Preferably in the 3-500. range I haven't gamed on PC for years and am a little in the dark. I just want to make sure I don't go down the wrong route.

Should I even bother with 1440? 4k?

Thanks! Specs below

Case
NZXT H510 (Black)

• Dimensions: W: 210mm H: 460mm D: 428mm
  • Weight: 20.08lb, 22.50lb in box
  • 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A
- 1x Headset Audio Jack

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 3.7GHz

Graphics
GeForce RTX™ 3070

Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI

RAM
Team T-FORCE Vulcan Z 3200MHz (max speed) 16GB (2X8GB) More Info

CPU Cooler
NZXT Kraken M22

Storage
M.2 SSD 1.0 TB

Power Supply
600W Bronze PSU

Software
Windows 10 Home

Solution
OK cool! 1440p

I read that 27" is the way to go. Any larger not so good for competitive. I may try out some shooters at some point. Like Destiny 2.

Straight for sure. I have no idea what panel type is or preferred brands. Same goes for Refresh rate. My budget would be no more than 4-500. If I can get away with something great for under $400 that would be good.

My main concern is that I don't buy something that isn't utilizing the builds capabilities. If that means anything.
So what im thinking,is a IPS panel,1440p resolution,144hz if possible,27inch.
So here is what i think will suit you
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WQ4FXY9?tag=rtings-mn-r-20&ie=UTF8
So you are more of a Quality type of guy.
So i dont think that 3070 can play Cyberpunk at ultra max RTX on at 4K,so i would get a 1440P display.
What size do you want?
What panel type do you want?
Curved or straight?
Preffered brands?
Refresh rate? (if you want higher resolution,the more Hz you add the more expensive it gets,so choose wisely).

Reactions: rodeojones

rodeojones

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
OK cool! 1440p

I read that 27" is the way to go. Any larger not so good for competitive. I may try out some shooters at some point. Like Destiny 2.

Straight for sure. I have no idea what panel type is or preferred brands. Same goes for Refresh rate. My budget would be no more than 4-500. If I can get away with something great for under $400 that would be good.

My main concern is that I don't buy something that isn't utilizing the builds capabilities. If that means anything.

I might like to add another screen at some point as I'd like to start streaming.

Reactions: Dj0gany
OK cool! 1440p

So what im thinking,is a IPS panel,1440p resolution,144hz if possible,27inch.
So here is what i think will suit you
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WQ4FXY9?tag=rtings-mn-r-20&ie=UTF8

Reactions: rodeojones
Solution