Monitor and cable question


Jul 16, 2009
I'm looking to build a computer and have this monitor (it's a not all that old):

All the newer video cards have dvi inputs in them rather than the vga that I use now. I'm looking to get some version of the Raedon 4850 and need to know what DVI cable I need to buy to be compatible wiht both. I will need a male to female. When I look on newegg I see all sorts of stuff, DVI, DVI-D... and am a bit confused.

Thanks for the help.