Nov 17, 2020
Hi, so I currently have a VGA monitor with AMD 5450.
Now my current budget allows me to buy a GTX 1650 super. I'm thinking of using it with HDMI to VGA adapter.
What if I buy a 1080p 75hz HDMI monitor with 1030? would that be a better choice?

Solution
yes for current gaming, I might end up buying RX 570 8gb instead of GTX 1650 if I don't buy the monitor...my inquiry is should I buy the monitor?

Most monitors will last 10+ years. So I suggest that you try to buy the best monitor that you can afford. The lifetime of a video card is far, far less - unless one is into retro-gaming, which means trying to find the right match. My current monitor is approximately 4+ years old and it has no problem producing its intended resolution and refresh rate. There is a big difference between a refresh rate of 75hz and 120hz or 144hz - even if your video card never hits much higher than 80fps. That said, it is a really bad time to buy anything computer-related at this time.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Everything depends on your plans for this computer. Is it for gaming? If so, current games or retro games? The big difference is the amount of VRAM of each video card. Even with 4GB of VRAM, you would need to run at very low settings.

Nov 17, 2020
Everything depends on your plans for this computer. Is it for gaming? If so, current games or retro games? The big difference is the amount of VRAM of each video card. Even with 4GB of VRAM, you would need to run at very low settings.
yes for current gaming, I might end up buying RX 570 8gb instead of GTX 1650 if I don't buy the monitor...my inquiry is should I buy the monitor?

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016

Most monitors will last 10+ years. So I suggest that you try to buy the best monitor that you can afford. The lifetime of a video card is far, far less - unless one is into retro-gaming, which means trying to find the right match. My current monitor is approximately 4+ years old and it has no problem producing its intended resolution and refresh rate. There is a big difference between a refresh rate of 75hz and 120hz or 144hz - even if your video card never hits much higher than 80fps. That said, it is a really bad time to buy anything computer-related at this time.

Solution
Nov 17, 2020
thank you, first time someone really helped me, I'm gonna buy a 1080p@75 Hz display.....and go with my integrated gpu for a while.
my father is a manager at a computer shop and he tells me no companies are giving genuine warranty in any products...so buying anything is risky now.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
EVGA does offer a genuine warranty just as long as the product is purchased through an official retailer. I purchased an EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 video card from Microcenter in July of this year - and was able to step up to my current RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra because I purchased the 2070 at microcenter and registered the product shortly after its purchase.

TRENDING THREADS