Question Monitor and mouse not turning on. is it because of my cpu?|

Tackwood

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
So today my cpu cooling fan was making a loud noise when turned on so i decided to take it out and clean it. I think i may have somehow damaged the cpu in the process of putting the fan back in. The reason I think this is that when the i turned the pc back on after plugging everything back in, the pc turned on and the noise was gone but the monitor and mouse wouldn't. The monitor just said something along the lines of "input signal could not be found. display going to sleep" Is this because I did somehow break the cpu or is it something else? I'm not sure if this would help, but the cpu fan is a Deep Cool Frozen Ice Fs V2 but it doesn't have the circular ring to hold it in place, instead 2 latches

Starcruiser

Honorable
When you took the fan off, did it get plugged back in the same place? If you have debug LEDs are any on?
Putting too much pressure on the cpu can Theoretically cause damage but it's not a common problem.
Try clearing the cmos. If that doesn't work, try reseating the cpu and fan, checking for any bent pins.

Tackwood

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
When you took the fan off, did it get plugged back in the same place? If you have debug LEDs are any on?
Putting too much pressure on the cpu can Theoretically cause damage but it's not a common problem.
Try clearing the cmos. If that doesn't work, try reseating the cpu and fan, checking for any bent pins.
I took off the fan and the heatsink. Thank you!

edit: turns out the motherboard was fried

Last edited: