[SOLVED] monitor back lighting

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Can i get LED strips for the back of the monitor that matches the lighting in-game? I know they make LED strips for the back of TVs that do it and LED strips for monitors, but i cant find strips for monitors that match in-game light.

Will the TV strips work the same with a PC monitor?

Anyone know where i can find some?

Solution
ASUS Aura Sync offers: ASUS Halo utility which will provide Bias lighting based on the colors at the edge of the monitor.

MSI Mystic Light offers Ambient Link, which should also do BIAS lighting.

Wasn't able to confirm Gigabyte RGB Fusion or 2.0 offers such a feature.

Nor ASRock, they have two brandings, RGB LED and Polychrome Sync neither mentions this feature.

Might take more research into your specific motherboard to see what it offers. If it doesn't have RGB LED headers, then you would have to look at third party products from Thermaltake, Corsair, etc. They should offer RBG Fan and LED strip controllers that plug into your PCs USB ports for control, then it would be up to their software to offer Bias lighting.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If I understand correctly most of the RGB strips for TVs just plug in-line with a USB connector for power and have manual controls/remotes for changing the color.

Amazon sells plenty of them.

As for some software solution where the RBG strips are hooked up to your PC and are controlled by some software getting the color data from the GPU or OS, not sure. I'll look around.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
ASUS Aura Sync offers: ASUS Halo utility which will provide Bias lighting based on the colors at the edge of the monitor.

MSI Mystic Light offers Ambient Link, which should also do BIAS lighting.

Wasn't able to confirm Gigabyte RGB Fusion or 2.0 offers such a feature.

Nor ASRock, they have two brandings, RGB LED and Polychrome Sync neither mentions this feature.

Might take more research into your specific motherboard to see what it offers. If it doesn't have RGB LED headers, then you would have to look at third party products from Thermaltake, Corsair, etc. They should offer RBG Fan and LED strip controllers that plug into your PCs USB ports for control, then it would be up to their software to offer Bias lighting.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah I have an Aorus motherboard, not sure if it offers that feature. Just not something I have needed, and there doesn't seem to be anything in their marketing materials about it.

It is also possible there is third party software out there.