Oct 2, 2018
Hello everyone,

I noticed when I came back to my computer after a break one of the monitors was fuzzy. By this I mean that it appears as if the details of every other line of pixels shifted one pixel to the right or that the image itself was copied and shifted over one pixel so that every detail looked "fuzzy". I tried turning it off and on again, I restarted my pc, and then my other monitor stopped connecting and said it was unable to connect. The monitor that was fuzzy became the primary monitor and was displaying everything just fine. I tried to find updates for all drivers involved but there were none available. Eventually, I displayed monitor 1, which turned off and would not connect, by showing only monitor 1 in display settings. Then, I extended the displays from there and both of them turned on. However, the original "fuzzy" monitor looked different and both of my background pictures were gone. The fix just before I decided to reach out on this website was going to display setting>Advanced display settings>Display 1 (And the same for Display 2)>Display adapter properties for _. Although my Nvidia Control Panel showed both monitors displaying with 144hz refresh rate the windows advanced adapter properties showed the odd looking monitor as still being displayed at 60hz. This is the 2nd time this same thing has happened to me. I reset Windows on my pc last time and blamed a driver update from Nvidia which they were not helpful at all with offering suggestions. So, I cam here to see if anyone knows why this happens or if you have experienced the same problem. I hate having plans to work and coming back to a screen where I can't read the text and when I attempt to fix it one of the screens goes completely out and... well, you get the idea.

I have Windows 10 Home
i7-8700k
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 A8G
x2 BenQ XL2411P monitors connected via DisplayPort

Let me know if you need any more information as far as specs or if I need to clarify an event in my troubleshooting process. This last step (posting) is to 1) Bring awareness of the problem and 2) Try to prevent it from happening in the future.

Thank you everyone for your time. I look forward to hearing back and seeing your suggestions.

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU: make and model and age
Chassis:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers? Speaking of drivers, which version are you on at the moment? Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?