Question Monitor black Hdmi not found after computer build

Nov 19, 2019
So 2 days ago I try building a computer for my brother nothing to fancy. I only got from the other computer the hhd which had windows 10, the cpu, and the ram which was working fineOn the old computer . Specs are mobo: msi mpg-z390 gaming plus cpu: i5-7400 3.0 gpu: gtx1650 8gbs ram ddr4 2400mhz. CPU cooler master hyper 212. PSU is an EVGA 600W. So I plugged everything in and the computer is powering up you can see the fans working even the gpu fan working but nothing on the screen I also noted there was not power going to the mobo USB portsNot even the from usb3.0. I tried plugging everything out and back in still didn’t work I got a new hhd still same thing black screen. I’m thinking maybe a got a bad new motherboard? Help please

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
that is correct, the cpu is not compatible with the motherboard bios/uefi, it fits in the socket, but doesn't work, remove the cpu, try to find a i4 8400, is your best bet in terms of price and erformance, a 9400f is viable too but is more expensive and doesn't have the intel gpu integrated, some use it for video editing so take that in consideration, personally i would go for the i5 8400

Nov 19, 2019
that is correct, the cpu is not compatible with the motherboard bios/uefi, it fits in the socket, but doesn't work, remove the cpu, try to find a i4 8400, is your best bet in terms of price and erformance, a 9400f is viable too but is more expensive and doesn't have the intel gpu integrated, some use it for video editing so take that in consideration, personally i would go for the i5 8400
Perfect 👌thanks I’ll look for the 8400 if not I’ll have to go for the 9400 I’m going on deployment and have little time. Hopefully that fixes the problem. I’ll come if it works to let you know. Now the USB ports not working could be related to that right?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
you don't have a problem, nothing to fix, the parts are not compatible because the cpu is from almost 4 years ago but motherboard is from this year, the cpu mentioned is not a fix, is the right part you need for the motherboard

if time is important, and the old intel cpu is new, you should be able to return it, if you are just reusing it for this build, then just save it for another buld that uses the right motherboard that supports it

Nov 19, 2019
you don't have a problem, nothing to fix, the parts are not compatible because the cpu is from almost 4 years ago but motherboard is from this year, the cpu mentioned is not a fix, is the right part you need for the motherboard

if time is important, and the old intel cpu is new, you should be able to return it, if you are just reusing it for this build, then just save it for another buld that uses the right motherboard that supports it
Thanks for the help !!! Good to know there is people out there helping out

Reactions: atljsf
Nov 19, 2019
Thanks for the help !!! Good to know there is people out there helping out

I got a 9 gen i5 9400 and I still get the black monitor everything seems to be working is running not turning off or anything gpu fan is tuning as well as the cpu fan. What else should I check

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
do you have the 1650 still installed? are you connecting the hdmi cable to the motherboard or to the gpu?

remember that i mentioned the 9400 doesn't come with a gpu

doesn't har if you take a good picture of how things are connected inside the case, perhaps you forgot to plug something or something is not properly inserted, we could see something there with a good clear picture

Nov 19, 2019
do you have the 1650 still installed? are you connecting the hdmi cable to the motherboard or to the gpu?

remember that i mentioned the 9400 doesn't come with a gpu

doesn't har if you take a good picture of how things are connected inside the case, perhaps you forgot to plug something or something is not properly inserted, we could see something there with a good clear picture
I have the hdmi connected to the 1650 not the board. I can take a pic where can I upload it here?

Nov 19, 2019

So I found that I have the Ez LED DEBUG LIGHT ON FOR THE PROCESSOR after which supposedly is not detecting the cpu or fail but is a new cpu so I think maybe the motherboard went bad