Question Monitor black screen and white horizontal lines

pspd96

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
I started encountering a problem where my monitor screen would go black and then green/white lines would appear occasionally (2-3 times a minute and 2-3 times every 5 mins for black screen). I tried isolating the problem by switching into the integrated graphics card but screen still goes black but and shorter white lines appear. There is also a clicking sound in my psu when this problem started. After cleaning and reseating everything(except ram), the problems disappeared for a night and also the psu clicking sound. Next morning same problems happen. Can it be my a psu problem (failing to supply power and clicking noise), graphics cards problem (integrated does the same thing only less frequently and less lines), or monitor problem( monitor worked perfectly after cleaning and reseating and doesnt lose signal and turn to orange power lights when screen goes black) ?

Update: Screen goes black more often when click stuff in the browser or when something new pops up when clicked. Sometimes it goes black consecutive times with a few second intervals but always for the same duration.

Monitor: Benq rl2455
PSU: seasonic s21II 80plus bronze
GFX: 750 ti gtx
CPU: i5 4570

Last edited:
1)
GRAPHICS Driver problems
Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get
Display Driver Uninstaller from here
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem
2)
how old is this PSU: seasonic s21II 80plus bronze

pspd96

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Update: I tried using a VGA cable i had laying around and no lines and black screens happened. Thinking it was the cable, I bought a new DVI cable. After 3 days with no problems, lines started to appear again but not black screens. I switched over to VGA again and problem disappeared. The problem also happens with integrated gfx+ dvi cable. Could this be a monitor problem or a gpu problem or something with my powersupply causing this?

TRENDING THREADS