[SOLVED] Monitor Black Screen/Audio loss

acwgxc

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Alright, so I have this issue that I have tried a dozen different ways to solve and I'm out of ideas.

I'm running the following setup:
AMD RX580 gpu
MSI B350 PC Mate motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
EVGA 450+ Bronze BT psu
16GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance ram
Viotek gn27d
Windows 10 64bit

Everything was going fine until I did a little external cable management so that everything wasn't just on the floor (power cable, Ethernet, DisplayPort cable, etc). Running at 2560x1440 at 144hz. When I started it back up after finishing, everything was running smoothly. I started up Overwatch and my display started cutting out. It wouldn't lose signal, but it would go black and the audio would cut out. I tried changing DisplayPort cables, using HDMI instead, changing power cables, reducing resolution and refresh rate, updating drivers etc. Nothing worked. I plugged my laptop into the monitor and ran overwatch and had no issues (aside from low fps due to it being a weaker laptop). So I assumed it might be the gpu. I plugged my gpu into another computer and it ran fine. No issues at all.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem and how I might go about fixing it? I was kind of hoping it would be the gpu because that and the cpu are the only two things new enough to return. I also maxed out the settings on Overwatch and while my frames were pretty bad (~23 fps), the black screens didn't change in frequency.

Additionally, the cable I have is supposed to go up to DisplayPort 1.4 and my monitor should be able to, but when I try to change it, it only shows 1.1 and 1.2.

Thanks.