[SOLVED] Monitor Black Screen.. trying to start up new pc

Dec 26, 2020
I just picked up new build pc from memory express. I inserted USB windows 10 download tool. I went through the process where I got to windows screen and then proceeded to signing into Microsoft. I don’t have internet yet so unfortunately I couldn’t go any further.
I clicked on shutdown icon and pc shutdown. I tried restarting the pc but it the monitor turns on with black screen. I’ve tried many times to reboot with no success. I’ve tried F11, F12, delete , F8 etc.
Monitor: ASUS 165Hz
Game Card: 3060 ti
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B460

I’ve checked multiple ports, checked USB cable etc.. all is ok.
Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Tnx in advance.

Solution
generally thats a no post, your motherboard is refusing to start, could be any number of reasons, usually its something inside the case not sat right, or faulty. I assume the bios was updated by the store when it was all put together but it might be worth looking there, you should probably try a CMOS reset first thing, open up the side panel, left usually as you look at it from the front and you should see big flat button type battery on the motherboard, CR2032 or something, not important, anyway just remove that battery with the pc switched off and leave it out for 5-10 mins, then plug it back in and see what happens, if you google "reset CMOS" you might get a nice instructional site with pics n things if you are unsure

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
generally thats a no post, your motherboard is refusing to start, could be any number of reasons, usually its something inside the case not sat right, or faulty. I assume the bios was updated by the store when it was all put together but it might be worth looking there, you should probably try a CMOS reset first thing, open up the side panel, left usually as you look at it from the front and you should see big flat button type battery on the motherboard, CR2032 or something, not important, anyway just remove that battery with the pc switched off and leave it out for 5-10 mins, then plug it back in and see what happens, if you google "reset CMOS" you might get a nice instructional site with pics n things if you are unsure

Reactions: Gary Dee
Solution
Dec 26, 2020
Thank you. Given that it’s just built, I will bring it back to memory express tomorrow morning and have them take a look. Thanks again, Gary!

Reactions: Obiwancanabi
Feb 2, 2021
I just picked up new build pc from memory express. I inserted USB windows 10 download tool. I went through the process where I got to windows screen and then proceeded to signing into Microsoft. I don’t have internet yet so unfortunately I couldn’t go any further.
I clicked on shutdown icon and pc shutdown. I tried restarting the pc but it the monitor turns on with black screen. I’ve tried many times to reboot with no success. I’ve tried F11, F12, delete , F8 etc.
Monitor: ASUS 165Hz
Game Card: 3060 ti
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B460

I’ve checked multiple ports, checked USB cable etc.. all is ok.
Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Tnx in advance.
interesting, i have the same monitor and i have the same issue, could it be something wrong with the monitor maybe?