Question Monitor black screens at random times

Shuten

Honorable
Aug 11, 2014
As the title says, it happens randomly, though I tend to notice a bit more frequency when im watching a stream of a show or a movie, when im idle or web browsing it rarely black screens. I dont know exactly whats causing this to happen. I don't believe its my monitor since its new, not even a year since i bought it. When it does happen, theres no notification of disconnection, nor do i receive any on screen error. Im thinking it may be the graphics card is starting to fail or something. Can anyone shed some knowledge and wisdom on a solution to this issue?

edit**
I did try uninstalling my display drivers in safe mode, the black screening is still present

another edit**
if anyone wants to know what parts i have
gpu: gtx 970
cpu i7 4790k
mobo: ROG maximus VII hero
monitor: Acer Gaming Series ED323QUR-A 32 inch
using a DP input connection

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019
Im not the best at PC knowledge and trouble shooting but I have had similar issues to yours. When playing I would get black screened and sometimes lines across my screen. It may be your gpu as that is what my issue was but that is all I can say.

Sep 4, 2019
What cpu do you have? If you dont have an extra gpu to test it, you can turn on the iGPU in the bios plug monitor into motherboard and see if it is the gpu.

Sep 4, 2019
Your cpu does have an iGPU. If you go to your bios and find the iGPU option you can turn it on. Once that is done you ca switch the display cable from your monitor into your motherboard. You may have to take your gpu out even though you are not going to be using it but if it does not work I would try that.

Shuten

Honorable
Aug 11, 2014
Your cpu does have an iGPU. If you go to your bios and find the iGPU option you can turn it on. Once that is done you ca switch the display cable from your monitor into your motherboard. You may have to take your gpu out even though you are not going to be using it but if it does not work I would try that.
I tried what you suggested and when using the cpu it doesnt randomly black screen anymore, spent a few hours with it watching streams/playing games and nothing bad happened. Afterwards I put the graphics card back in and tried checking out if maybe the cable was the problem since i didnt think about that before, I went with hdmi first, spent a few hours there and no black screening, then i went back to dp input one more time and now, no more black screening. i dont know why but it doesnt do that anymore. its been several days and no more black screening. So to be honest im not sure what the problem was or how it was fixed