Here are my specs:
  1. Motherboard: HP 500-267C
  2. Windows 10
  3. AMD RX 470 4 GB
  4. Intel I7-4790K
  5. PSU: 500 Watts
  6. 16 GBs of Ram
  7. Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB

I just got the damn thing back from Best Buy a few days ago. They installed an anti virus software called 'Web Root' and I just uninstalled it with the assumption that it could be the cause. I have tried everything. I even replaced the damn thermal paste on both the CPU and GPU. The only thing I haven't done was do a clean install of Windows 10, which I have no interest in doing whatsoever, not for this piece of detritus computer. Could this be a power supply issue, or could it have been Web Root? It didn't look like heat was the issue, as both processors maintained a temperature no higher than 70 on average.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
:unsure:Just replaced my HDMI cable with a new one, so I'll see if that solves the issue, give it about a month or so I guess.

My monitor blacked out twice with some of the settings set to high in Hitman 2. And yet, it suddenly hasn't done it ever since I turned down a few of those settings. What gives? Am I asking for a little too much from my RX 470 when I set the graphics settings too high or what? Mind you, this is a very demanding game compared to Hitman 2016. It does reccomend an 8 GB RX Vega 56 afterall. :unsure:

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Which PSU do you have?

No, settings won't cause a no display situation.
At lower settings, the card may well be drawing less power, which may be the reasoning.

:unsure:So its drawing less power at lower settings, yet that somehow has nothing to do with it? I have an Inland PSU, 500 watts I recall. The model number is 14025SL, if that matters at all. The technicians at Best Buy claimed my issue was not hardware related. They thought that it might have been a software issue, either the anti-virus software they installed or the operating system, and they may have to do a clean install if the problem is the latter. They didn't do a clean install of the operating system but I have uninstalled what is now the second anti-virus software they put on it in place of malwarebytes. So far, the screen has only blacked out with Hitman 2.